Social Icons

Pages

Monday, October 30, 2023

Three Things

I believe there are three things that can help us enjoy life more consistently. However, we can only control two of them.

The first is communication. With every one of the four companies I have owned, I’ve preached over and over again that communication is the single most important factor that leads to success. Why? Because if you think about it, most problems in life are caused by a lack of communication. And that includes communication problems in business and in our personal lives.

The second thing is regarding relationships. When I was training new salespeople, I would always explain that you cannot make a sale until you establish a relationship, preferably a relationship based on trust. The same thing applies to our personal lives because making the effort to build solid relationships with people will always enhance your quality of life. In fact, scientific studies have proven that social interaction is a basic human need, just like food and water.

The third thing is timing… which we cannot control. However, I often feel like God takes care of the timing, and proof of that happened to me again yesterday. It was just something simple, but it sums up my theory about the “Three Things” mentioned above. Let me explain.

I went to Staples to buy some clipboards and a large box of copy paper. When I picked up the box of copy paper I discovered it was super heavy. Duh! I know I’m getting older, but seriously, that box of 12 reams of copy paper felt like it weighed 50 pounds! As I wheeled my shopping cart next to my truck in the parking lot, a man approached me and said, “I can help you with that box if you’ll give me that shopping cart.” I said, “Sure”, and together we lifted the box into the back of my truck. I gave him my empty cart and he headed back to his car. As I backed up, I noticed that he had a heavy box of copy paper in the trunk of his car that he was returning to Staples. So I stopped and said, “Hey, you need help with that box?” He said, “Sure”, so I jumped out and returned the favor. We talked for a few minutes, and it felt like I had made a new friend.

And that got me thinking… Communicating with people can lead to relationships, and with a little help from God with the timing, relationships can sometimes lead to friendships, trust, and happiness. Three things! I wonder if that is what God had in mind when he came up with the idea of the Holy Trinity?


When we put our cares in His hands, He puts His peace in our hearts.
~ Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment