Social Icons

Pages

Monday, November 6, 2023

Human Kindness

I see a lot of commercials on TV advertising movies with superheroes. They are eye catching and exciting, but what really caught my eye was a clever commercial on TV this week that was all about human kindness. I have to admit that there are times I feel like human kindness is something hard to find. But then again, last week a friend of mine proved to me that it is definitely alive and well.

Let’s call him Roger (not his real name) and let me start off by saying that I admire Roger very much. Why? Well, he’s a good father and a great husband. A real family man and extremely active in his church. He’s somebody who has worked hard all his life but has also made sure to carve out time to coach and mentor young people. I guess those traits alone are admirable for sure, but his other endearing gift is his quick wit and never-ending sense of humor. When we golf together, he keeps us all laughing and smiling no matter how crappy our golf swings might be.

But recently, Roger had a calling that most people would never answer. He found out someone that he knows, not a family member or even a close friend, needed a kidney. Roger is in his sixties, but he is still healthy and strong… and his faith is stronger than ever. So he signed up, showed up, endured the surgery, and saved a stranger’s life.

And that got me thinking… The real heroes in this world are actual real humans who get their superpower from the size of their heart! (Or in this case, their kidney!)




No comments:

Post a Comment