Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Good Byes

I wasn’t able to write and publish a Monday Message yesterday because I was too busy with work. Okay, the truth is that I didn’t write a Monday Message because I had my priorities all wrong yesterday! Work should always be down the line, and that line should start with God, Family, Friends, and then work.

Fortunately, my wife has her priorities straight. So she stepped up and wrote a Monday Message for me today… but she wrote it from a place of sadness.

The tears flowed. The hugs were tighter than before. The hugs lasted longer, but not long enough. My heart ached. I really didn’t want to say goodbye. His big brown eyes looked long at me, wondering what was happening. His ears relaxed back and his tail was still. He knew something was up.

I was saying goodbye to one of our beloved family dogs. Sanders doesn’t know it, but he is leaving Orange County tomorrow, relocating to Colorado to be with our grandson Jared, and girlfriend Emily, who are really wanting to take him in. Sanders and Jared are tight, they grew up together, and they’ll grow older together, at least for a few more years.

So my goodbye is the beginning of a new adventure for Sanders. Sanders deserves all the love and attention he can get. He was rescued at 6 months and has been a loyal family protector and a sweet love to anyone who wanted to get to know him for more than 8 years. It’s so easy to get close to dogs, all they offer is love, companionship, and fun.

We all say goodbye many times a day, a week, a month, and most times we never think twice about it. Except when it hurts. When it hurts your heart, at least you’ve been blessed to have what you are losing. At least you know that you had something special. So that’s good. Bye.


Dog is God spelled backwards.

~ Anonymous



No comments:

Post a Comment