Social Icons

Pages

Monday, October 31, 2022

The Fire in your Heart

Halloween is here and everywhere you look stores are selling costumes. It’s fun because for one day each year we get to put on a costume and be somebody or some “thing” that we are not.

It’s amazing how hiding behind a mask can sometimes help us break out of our shell. It gives us the courage to act differently than normal, perhaps with a bit more personality and flair. And although it’s fun to be different, the truth is each and every one of us is already different because each and every one of us is unique. We are not unique because we are flesh and blood with hair and hearts… animals have those features. What makes us unique is the stamp that God puts on our lives when he plants us in this world to grow. We are formed one at a time, each person a separate and very special work of art.

In fact, I believe that part of what makes us unique is that we each receive gifts when we are born. Spiritual gifts that enable us to make the world a better place. Some can sing, some can dance, some can cook. There are people with a passion for paperwork (accountants), those who make us laugh (comedians) and those who ignite our imaginations (writers). Being different makes life interesting because imagine how boring the world would be if everyone looked, acted, and thought the same.

However, sometimes it takes a while to discover our spiritual gifts. I remember when I was young I didn’t think I had a talent for anything special, so I just took the first job that came along. I was really grateful that somebody took a chance on me and after working in the business for a while, I began to dream of starting my own business someday. Forty-seven years later I still love running a business and consider it just one of the many wonderful gifts that I have received from God.

Yesterday, my two daughters (who both happen to be very unique and highly gifted) attended a Halloween Party with their husbands. The four of them dressed up as characters from the movie “Clue”, including carrying the appropriate props. They looked terrific and had a great time being in character.

And that got me thinking… A costume on the outside is fun for an evening, but figuring out who you really are on the inside and developing your own unique gifts is fun for a lifetime!


Once you find what ignites your heart, the fire in your heart will light your path.
~ Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment