Social Icons

Pages

Monday, November 7, 2022

It Can Be Trying

 As much as I try to honor God, I fail. It upsets me and makes me feel stupid, but it’s a fact.

      I think I’m strong. But the truth is I’m weak.

      I think I’m smart. But the truth is I lack wisdom despite my 67+ years.

      I think I have all the answers. But the truth is I am constantly full of questions.

Like I said, it upsets me to fail at anything, let alone the most important goal in my life. But as I laid there in bed this morning, thinking about failure, I had a bit of an epiphany. And I think the idea came from watching football Sunday afternoon. The Raiders lost badly 24-0 to the Saints, and I remember how great the Raiders were back when Al Davis was the owner. He was a polarizing figure for sure, and not very popular, but he knew how to win. His motto… “Just Win, Baby!”.

And that got me thinking…

       If I didn’t try, I wouldn’t fail, but then again I wouldn’t win either.

       So it’s the trying and the effort that creates failure?

       Yes. But if I learn from trying, then I don’t really fail!

So my epiphany…

If winning is the goal and winning is good, can any good come from failure? Yes it can… But only if we choose to “Just Win or Learn, Baby!”


The best angle from which to approach any problem is the try-angle.
~ Anonymous


No comments:

Post a Comment