Social Icons

Pages

Monday, December 28, 2020

No Pressure

This not so wonderful year of 2020 is almost over. And I’m sure you would agree that this has been one of the most stressful years that any of us has ever lived through.

Stress and pressure are really painful emotions. In fact, I was feeling especially stressed and worried recently when I went for a walk on the beach. As I started my walk, I stopped near my neighbor’s house which has huge boulders placed on the beach side to protect it from high surf and waves. Each boulder probably weighs over a 1000 pounds, and that’s what I felt like I was carrying on each one of my shoulders.

I guess I was letting the pressure of work, money, family, and loneliness (thank you Covid!) weigh all too heavily on me when I spotted something unusual. There was a huge boulder sitting on top of another huge boulder at an angle. The top boulder should have rolled off, but it didn’t because there was a small rock caught underneath it at just the right spot. I stared at that tiny little rock and laughed, thinking, “Wow, that little guy has way more pressure on him then I ever will.”


Laughing made me feel better. In fact, I immediately started thinking about some of the things that are going right in my life, instead of focusing on all the things going wrong caused by the pandemic. I decided to try to come up with a list of just a few of the good things that exist in my life, things I should be happy about and appreciate. Within 10 minutes I had come up with a list of 10 things that are going right that create happiness in my life.

And that got me thinking… The entire time I was thinking about the good things in my life, I never once felt any pressure about the bad things going on in my life. So here is my suggestion for the New Year. Spend your time focusing on the good in your life, and you won’t have any time left for the bad! 

Ten Blessings I Appreciate

I have a loving wife with a generous heart who constantly inspires me

 

My Children and Grandchildren are healthy and well

 

I have a job that I enjoy, one that makes me feel productive

 

I have a safe vehicle to drive and decent roads to drive on

 

I can have food safely delivered to my home during this pandemic

 

I have a home filled with love inside and a beautiful view outside

 

My back is sketchy, but I can still play the game of golf that I love

 

I get to share my faith and ideas through my weekly Monday Messages

 

The beauty of nature that surrounds me is an amazing source of joy

 

I have confidence that I can overcome any burden I face because 

no problem I have is greater than the God I have!





No comments:

Post a Comment