Social Icons

Pages

Monday, November 30, 2020

A Candle for Every Corner

Thanksgiving sure was different this year… but then this is 2020! Members of our family cooked food at home and then we all came together in a small little park by my oldest daughter’s home. She went to a lot of trouble to set up four separate tables 20 feet apart, where we were able to eat, and talk, and laugh together. It wasn’t as intimate as indoors and it wasn’t always easy to hear what people were saying from so far away, but it was still really wonderful. And as it started to get dark, I found myself wishing that we had brought a candle for each table, so that we could stay longer and continue to enjoy the abounding love that we have for each other. But the important thing was that we were able to be together and do it safely. For that I am very thankful!

Maybe that’s the most important lesson this pandemic has taught me so far. To be thankful for each and every moment spent with family and friends, and to never take those moments for granted. So when I woke up this morning, I thanked God for every member of my family, naming each one out loud. And I even thanked Him for each and every one of my friends, because I truly am thankful for all the wonderful people in my life, maybe more today than ever, because I miss them all so much.

And that got me thinking… Our world may seem a little dark right now, and candles may seem a little hard to find, but if you have faith, family, and a few good friends, you have everything you need!


You have a God who hears you,

The power of love behind you,

The Holy Spirit within you,

And all of Heaven ahead of you.

 

If you have the Shepherd,

You have grace for every sin,

Direction for every turn,

An anchor for every storm,

And a candle for every corner.

 

You have everything you need.

                            ~ Max Lucado



No comments:

Post a Comment