Social Icons

Pages

Monday, November 9, 2020

I'll Be There for U (By Debby Thrailkill)

Thank goodness for good news on a Monday! Especially the second Monday in Joevember. (That’s my nick name for November, more on that follows). The good news we woke up to today was that a prospective Covid vaccine has now been tested out to be 90% effective in reducing the effects of the virus on humans. Well, thank the Lord and thank U (the medical community and everyone helping out during this crisis) if this proves out and we can be together again without restrictions. I would like to hug U once again, without worry, and with much love.

Joevember followed Joetober, which is the month I dedicated to making my husband a front and center priority in my life and showing him so repeatedly, so he never forgets that he is my number one. It turns out that he liked the extra attention very much, and deservedly so. I mean, wouldn’t U? Make sure to give a meaningful hug to the people in your household who have become your rock and your hard place at times (jk, but this togetherness is a thing isn’t it?).

Joevember also brought the election and all of its ugliness. U seemed to forget that our differences are what make U and I so great together. Our differences are what attracted U and I. When I need U, it’s usually because U are better at certain things than I am. When I am uncertain, U see things differently and U give me insight and confidence and direction. U and I have lived different lives and we were born to be U Nique. If all babies born were the exact same, and if people were the exact same after their experiences, what fun would that be? One of the greatest pleasures in life is meeting new people from around the world and getting to know and love them, their cultures and differences!

You are U Nique and I thank God for your differences. I am U Nique, and I thank God for the ability and freedom to be so.

And that got me thinking… The fact that I am here on earth and able to love U today is everything. I’ll be there for U so don’t U forget it!


I’ll be there to comfort you,

Build my world of dreams around you.

I’m so glad that I found you

I’ll be there with a love that’s strong

I’ll be your strength, I’ll keep holdin on.

~ Michael Jackson

1 comment:

  1. You two are a beautiful example of what marriage should be! Love you both

    ReplyDelete