Social Icons

Pages

Monday, September 30, 2019

Love Actually


My wife’s birthday was on Saturday and since we’ve been together for over 25 years, I wanted to do something special for her. I know this sounds corny, but it’s also kind of romantic. I bought her a diamond ring (actually a round bracelet with diamonds on it), and then I wrote out a marriage proposal (actually it was more like a will you stay married to me forever proposal), and then I got down on one knee and recited my proposal by memory (actually I messed it up at one point but then finally got through it). And guess what, she actually said Yes!

Why am I so happy to be married to this woman? I can give you a million reasons but let me just say that her wisdom far exceeds that of anyone I’ve ever met. She always gives me and everyone else great advice, and sometimes I actually take it! I can prove how wise she is because I asked her some difficult questions on her 40th birthday (actually she might be older than 40 but I can’t put her real age down in writing). Her answers were quite telling.

What’s the best advice you’ve ever received? If you don’t have something nice to say, don't say anything.

How should a person handle getting older? Naturally, gracefully, find your own voice.

What’s the best way to handle criticism? Thoughtfully.

What is the secret to a happy marriage? Being able to consistently put yourself second.

Is it ever okay to lie? No.

What role should vanity play in a person’s life? Give yourself 10 minutes in the morning, that’s it.



What human quality do you most deplore? Getting energy from hurting others.

What advice would you give your younger self? Leave mean people out of your life, family or not.

How should a person handle regret? Learn from it and move on.

What’s the best cure for heartache? Time, and maybe a little more time.

What adventure most changed your life? Meeting my husband.

Will you be my wife for the rest of my life? Yes.

Why? Love actually!



Love one another and you will be happy. It’s as simple and as difficult as that.
~ Michael Leunig 

No comments:

Post a Comment