Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, March 5, 2023

No Bad Days

Things happen almost every day that can be very frustrating and annoying. In fact, there are days when it seems like everything I touch breaks and everything I do goes wrong!

I had one of those days last week wrapped around electronics. First, my printer stopped printing. Then my computer stopped computing. Then, when I got in my truck to go buy either a new computer, a new printer, or both… the electronic “sync” system in my Ford F150 started acting up. And just to totally annoy me to the max, when I tried to drive back home through the main gate at Coto de Caza, my electronic transponder wouldn’t work. The guard yelled out asking me my address and I answered with something fairly unpleasant, “F..ing Transponder blah blah”. But fortunately, he still let me in.

At that point, it would have been easy for me to say that I was having a bad day. And I did say that a lot, back in my younger days. But I can’t say that anymore. Or let me rephrase that, I never feel that way anymore.

Sure, there are bad moments in any given day. There are even extremely bad things that can happen at times. But as I’ve grown older and more patient, I’ve learned to broaden my focus and always try to envision the big picture. It isn’t easy, but if I start every day with a prayer of thanks, and list off each morning all the things that are good and right with my life, the big picture looks pretty great!

It might even be said… that when bad things happen to us, it’s simply a reminder to appreciate the good things in our lives, which in turn helps us to enjoy the “good things” that much more. Here’s another reminder… we are loved from above... so how bad can things really be!



No comments:

Post a Comment