Social Icons

Pages

Monday, August 29, 2022

Be Ready For It

It’s Saturday afternoon and I’m writing this Monday Message early for a reason. I’m writing it early because my daughter is scheduled to go into the hospital on Sunday to give birth. She already has three children, two that are still young, so I offered to help her with getting those kids to and from school and their many other activities. So I will definitely be very busy this weekend and all of next week. And yet I can’t stop thinking about how my daughter is about to give birth to a precious new baby girl.

The only problem with the timing is that I’m trying to finish up a huge portfolio of pole inspections for my largest client. I still have 60 poles to inspect, but since I knew I was running out of time, I decided to go to bed early Friday night and get up way before dawn this morning to head out and try to finish those last 60 poles. I left the house at 5:30am and when I arrived at the site, the sun was just cresting the horizon. I thought to myself, well I wanted to leave early and be ready to start the job by dawn, so I definitely accomplished that goal.

After unloading my tools and equipment, I surveyed the surrounding parking lot light poles. At the same time, i just happened to glance up at a nearby building. That’s when I saw a huge sign at the top of the building, shining ever so brightly in the early morning glow of the sunrise. The sign said, “Ready at Dawn” in brightly illuminated letters and I know you’ll think I’m crazy, but my first reaction was to laugh and then I thought to myself, “Is this a sign from God?” Is He trying to tell me something?

You know what… I think it was a sign from God! Especially since I’ve been praying like crazy lately for my daughter to stay strong and her baby to be born healthy. I decided that God was answering my prayers by telling me to remember that every new day is a blessing, and that we have to be ready for it, no matter what the day brings. In this particular case, I finished the job and the very next day brought forth the blessing of a healthy new baby granddaughter by the name of “Blakely Rae”. Now I know that not every day that springs forth at dawn is going to be a happy one, but I think I get the message… whatever happens, be ready for it!  


A new baby is like the dawn of all things – wonder, 
hope, and a dream of all things possible.
Eda J. LeShan


No comments:

Post a Comment