Social Icons

Pages

Monday, August 15, 2022

Tomorrow Will Be A Good Day

I just know today is going to be a good day! Why you ask? Because yesterday I learned something important!

I wanted to go golfing but didn’t have a lot of time. By the time I parked my car, unloaded my  clubs, got a golf cart, and checked in at the pro shop, I only had about 7 minutes before my tee time. So I rushed down to the range to warm up and hit a few balls.

As I parked my golf cart I checked my watch, and I was down to only 5 minutes before my tee time. Why am I always in such a rush? As that thought crossed my mind, I realized I had left my sunscreen behind in the car and started to panic It’s already 90+ degrees at 10:00 in the morning, so I really need that sunscreen, but I desperately need to warm up before I tee off, but of course I can only play 9 holes because I have so much work to do, plus my wife needs me to stop by CVS to pick up her prescriptions, and I didn’t have time yesterday to drop off a shipment at UPS so I need to do that, and, and, and… why am I always in such a rush!!!

That’s when I looked up and saw him. He was staring at me with a quizzical look on his face and I’m pretty sure I know what he was thinking, “Why is this idiot always rushing around like a chicken with his head cut off?”

I had seen him before on the golf course, but only briefly. Mainly because he moved at such a fast smooth pace. He was a handsome guy, with long hair and big brown eyes, but he was freaking me out because he just kept staring at me. I know what he was thinking, “Dude, you need to chill!? (Was he really thinking that or was it just my own stress case paranoia overtaking me.) Eventually, he just shook his head and turned away.

And that got me thinking… If even the super speedy, always moving, rapidly running, Roadrunner can slow down once in a while to enjoy life, maybe I can too!


Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. 
Comes into us at midnight very clean. 
It’s perfect when it arrives, and it puts itself in our hands. 
It hopes we’ve learned something from yesterday.
~ from the headstone of John Wayne


No comments:

Post a Comment