Social Icons

Pages

Monday, June 27, 2022

A Lot Bit Better

I received my second Covid booster shot this past week. It didn’t affect me at first, but the next morning I felt like total crap, with aches and pains and a really bad headache. It gave me a small inkling of what it must be like for people who get Covid, but obviously on a much smaller scale. I didn’t mind the symptoms though, because I not only want to protect myself, I want to protect my wife as well.

Fortunately, I felt a little bit better the next day… and that got me thinking. My wife is the absolute love of my life. She is amazing in so many ways and brings me great joy and happiness. She is precious to me. So much so, that over the past 28 years we have only spent 4 nights apart and I love her more today than ever. Therefore, as her husband, I see my role as being the one to provide for her, protect her. and show her my love every moment of every day.

Unfortunately, with Covid ramping up again I find myself worrying about her every moment of every day. She can’t get a booster vaccine to protect herself from Covid because when she received her second vaccination, she developed pericarditis (a dangerous swelling of the tissue around the heart). That combined with her compromised immune system due to multiple lung surgeries, makes her a potential candidate for very serious consequences if she were to get Covid.  So I worry… a lot!

And that got me thinking… First off, I shouldn’t be “worrying” so much. I should instead be praying for the health of my family and then exhibiting my faith by trusting God to always act in our best interest. But I admit it’s hard to have such strong faith that you never truly worry about anything…

And admitting that to myself got me thinking even more… I believe the secret to trusting God is to strengthen our faith and the secret to stronger faith is to get to know God better. One way that I have been doing that for the past 12 years is that I’ve been faithfully reading my Bible every morning. Most of the time just for 10 minutes, sometimes more, sometimes less. But the point is that every time I read it, I pick up little nuggets of wisdom that stick in my unconscious mind. I find those nuggets popping up during the day and reminding me that there is a God that loves me, a God that will never desert me.

So it occurred to me… Every time I read my Bible, every time I pray, every time I put my trust in God, I get to know Him a little bit better. And you know what… that makes me feel a lot bit better!


God is in the hearts of all, and those that seek Him 
will surely find Him when they need Him the most.
~ Louisa May Alcott


No comments:

Post a Comment