Social Icons

Pages

Monday, May 23, 2022

Self-Cut Hair

I recently lost my Mom whom I loved very much. At the same time, I also became reacquainted with a woman I knew as a child. She is a decade older than I, and she obviously leads a spiritually faithful life. This path has blessed her with abundant joy in every one of her days, no matter the circumstance. This woman stands out in a crowd. She lives to please Him and to be in praise of Jesus for her rich blessings. Her focus is on Him, continuously throughout her day. 

When she rises in the morning, she prays and gives thanks. She then runs a comb through her self-cut hair, pulls on simple clothing and shoes that she has had for years, and proceeds to tend to her family. She spends no time in a mirror or a closet, nor with a makeup tray. She ignores social media and television. She is plain, natural, some might even say homely, and yet abundantly beautiful. Happiness just radiates from her. No makeup or outfit can enhance the boundless joy that she finds simply by living a day fully with Him.

Her children and grandchildren are drawn to her delightful energy. She recognizes the smallest wonders the unfolding day provides and whispers a word of thanks. This awareness provides a shield for her heart when the tide turns and challenges present themselves. For this she whispers thank you; for adversity allows her to grow in her faith with Him. She knows with certainty that the good and the bad are equally part of Gods plan for us, and she knows that Jesus is at her side as she tackles both gracefully.

There is so much for me to learn from this wonderful woman… at a time when I really need it. She is proof that if we put our focus on Him and trust Him wholeheartedly, praying “Jesus, help me to be in your Peace”, we can relax in the certainty that Jesus listens and is with us always. If we choose to give thanks we will overflow with happiness… no matter what our hair looks like!  


“You will call to me and come and pray to me and I will listen to you. 

You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart”.

Jeremiah 29:12-13



No comments:

Post a Comment