Social Icons

Pages

Monday, January 10, 2022

Give With One Hand

This insane pandemic has caused a lot of stress for everyone I know, and it’s not over yet. In fact, the number of people becoming infected on a daily basis is worse than ever. But it occurred to me that what can get lost in the suffering caused by Covid-19 are the day-to-day struggles that a lot of people have just trying to put food on the table for their families.

I have always admired hard working people, especially those who come from humble beginnings. Maybe it was the Hispanic men that I worked with pruning avocado trees when I was 14. Or maybe it was Eddie Mahr, the owner of the gas station I worked at when I was 16, who talked to me about how honesty and hard work would guarantee me a good life. All throughout my life, I have witnessed and admired those men and women who get out of bed every day determined to improve their lot in life, especially those who are supporting a family.

So it was a nice surprise when we received a letter last week from our gardener. Gabriel takes care of the yards at two rental homes we own in Ladera Ranch. He works hard, is very reliable, and always does a great job. But it didn’t occur to me that his job can be pretty hard at times. Even during the winter, when it’s cold or raining, he still has to find a way to get the job done.

The letter he sent was a “Thank You” letter for some extra money we gave him at Christmas time. But in reality it is so much more. It’s a reminder that people who work hard to make ends meet, are usually the ones you want to meet in the end!

“I want to thank all of you for the support and trust you give me by letting me do your service and I thank God that despise the pandemic all of you are still healthy. And thank you very much especially to all my clients who value our sacrifice of work in the sun in the cold even sometimes in the rain, and then gave me a gift card or extra bonuses in gratitude to our service. The one who give with one hand will receive a blessing with both from God. Bless you all and thank you for everything this year that ends. I hope to do my work much better for the new year that begins with care. Thank you.”

Gabriel


God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.
~ Billy Graham





No comments:

Post a Comment