Social Icons

Pages

Monday, September 13, 2021

Random Acts

What is the cost of a random act of kindness? Probably not very much.

Last Monday I was leaving my house with my wife, and we were running late. As I pulled out from my parking spot on the street, I noticed a jogger running by. What I didn’t notice was that I was bumping into a trash can. Which then knocked over another trash can. Which then spilled the contents of both trash cans all over the street. I pulled over, but before I even got back. the jogger had turned around and was picking up the trash for me.

On Tuesday, I was working on a Light Pole Inspection Project at a large shopping center. I was having trouble with the poles along the perimeter because of thick hedges and heavy brush, when I suddenly noticed movement. I thought it was an animal, but when I parted the bushes to take a look, I saw a woman and a young child laying on an old blanket on the ground, trying to stay in the shade. They didn’t notice me, and I didn’t want to scare them, so I walked away. But then I walked over to the In-And-Out Restaurant nearby, bought a couple of gift cards, and took them back and dropped them over the fence.

On Wednesday, when I went to my regular weekly golf match with my buddy Scott, I forgot my Yeti Bag with my food and drinks. It was really hot out, and I was getting thirsty. When we made the turn and were on the back nine, my competitor, without me even asking, walked over and handed me a large Gatorade.

On Thursday I was having a really rough day. I was having trouble getting an insurance certificate approved from my insurance company, one of my ultrasonic machines was acting up and was obviously going to need some expensive repair work, and my back was hurting me way more than usual. Around 9:00pm I just wanted to call it a day and go to bed, when I got a random text from one of my kids that simply said, “Love you Dad.”

What is a random act of kindness worth? Probably more than you think!


No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted.
~ Aesop 


No comments:

Post a Comment