Social Icons

Pages

Monday, March 1, 2021

Vow #5 - I Will Live This Day As If It Is My Last

I don’t know if this will be my last day on earth, but what I do know is that I have been given a choice. I can choose to live my life one day at a time, making the most of it and using the tools God gave me, or I can waste it, one day at a time.

What if I did know that today was going to be my last day on earth? What would I do?

Or what if this was not my last day on earth – but it was the last day on earth for someone I know. How would I treat them?

Maybe we can take our cue from children. They know how to live life correctly. They do not worry over so many things. They do not fret about life. They simply live it. They run and laugh and play all day and make the most of the moment. In fact, somewhere in the Bible it says that the only way to get into heaven is to be like children, filled with wonder, devoid of anxiety, and open to all the beauty the world has to offer. As much as we have to teach them - so is there also a lot to be learned from them. They know how to live life to the fullest, every single day. Let us not forget that.


How the children loved to dance!

Somehow, they all seemed to share a spirit of gratitude,

for how good it is to have friends, and to love God,

and for the sheer privilege of being alive!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment