Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Singing In The Rain

It seems like it has been raining forever. We have already received nearly 21 inches of rainfall this year, which means we are now 7.5 inches higher than the average. Don’t get me wrong, I am not complaining. The rain turns everything super green and lush, and nearby Saddleback Mountain has never looked better. So that’s great. My problem though, is that I work outdoors, and I love to play golf outdoors, but I can’t do either one of those things when it’s raining. It’s depressing!

So okay, maybe I am complaining. Or at least I was complaining until my wife showed me a video of our beautiful little 19-month-old granddaughter. Apparently, when she woke up in her crib this morning, she immediately broke out into song. The video shows her laying in her crib, flat on her back, singing “Let it go, let it go” from the Disney movie Frozen at the top of her lungs.  

First off, it doesn’t seem like babies should be capable of singing and carrying the proper notes at only 19 months old. Second, listening to that little girl sing with such unbridled joy makes it absolutely impossible to be depressed. Thank you Lord… for the rain… and for little girls!


While we try to teach our children all about life, 
our children teach us what life is really all about. 
~ Angela Schwindt


No comments:

Post a Comment