Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Never Stop

A lot of my recent Monday Messages have had some pretty serious subject matter.  So I thought I would keep it light this week. Below are some funny but true things I have learned as I have lived. (And I need to give credit for some of these to a small book called, “Good Stuff”.)

 Truths I Learned as a Child

Home-made clothes are not as comfortable as store bought clothes.

When Mom is mad at Dad don’t tell her you forgot to do your chores, just do them.

You can’t trust your dog to watch your food.

You can’t hide a piece of okra in a glass of milk.

When Mom says, “ You kids will be the death of me”, she doesn’t mean it.

 

 Truths I Learned as an Adult

Raising teenagers is like trying to nail Jell-O to a tree.

Middle age is when you choose cereal with fiber, instead of with a toy.

If you can remain calm, you don’t have all the facts.

You’re getting old when you stoop to tie your shoes and wonder why you bent over.

 

 Truths I Learned as an Old Man

 Have patience with all things but first with yourself.

Never confuse your mistakes with your value as a human being.

You are a unique, one-of-a-kind, worthwhile person because God made you,

and He never makes mistakes, like we do!


Never Stop Learning, Because Life Never Stops Teaching!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment