Social Icons

Pages

Monday, March 4, 2024

A Good Thing - Part Two

In my Monday Message last week, I wrote about a different type of New Year’s resolution. I had this idea that instead of doing something to make my life better this year, I would do something that would make someone else’s life better. Seemed like a good thing, so I wrote and mailed my first “Letter of Encouragement” last week. 

And it worked! The person I wrote to let me know that they appreciated my kind words and encouragement, and that it was good timing because it really picked up their spirits at a time when they needed it.

A funny thing happened afterwards. My spirits were picked up too… which made me realize that by trying to make someone else’s life better, I actually accomplished my original New Year’s goal, of making my own life better!

So guess what I’m going to do again this week. That’s it… you guessed write!

Pastor Rick Warren and Sir Elton John


You will never become the person you intend to be, 

until you intend to become that person - and set that as your goal. 

~ Pastor Rick Warren



No comments:

Post a Comment