Social Icons

Pages

Monday, March 23, 2020

Finding Funny


My world is very different at the moment, but not just my world, the whole freakin’ entire world is different! If you would have told me a month ago, that in March we would run out of toilet paper and paper towels, that we would be confined to our homes with most of us not allowed to go to work, that we would have to keep 6’ away from every other human being… I would have said you are crazy!

But sometimes truth really is stranger than fiction and that’s the world we’re living in at the moment. And that’s the important thing to remember. That it is only for the moment. That things will change. It will take time for sure, but things will change and eventually we will get our normal lives back. Although, we may have a “new normal” in some ways.

In the meantime, we have to make the best of it and focus on the positive. So with that in mind, this morning when I sat down on my couch to say my morning prayers, I focused on all the blessings that God has bestowed on me throughout my life. Good parents, good schools and teachers, living in a plywood shack for a year to learn humility and resourcefulness, living in a big beautiful home in the country, being successful in business multiple times, falling in love, raising a family, overcoming illness and injuries, spending time with six wonderfully different grandchildren, and friends, more great friends than I could ever deserve.

This went on for quite a while because I really have been blessed in thousands of ways. But when I was finally finished, I raised my head and was going to look out at the ocean through our sliding glass doors when I noticed my view was blocked. Standing there, smiling, was our dog. (Okay, it’s not our dog, it’s the neighbor’s dog, but he thinks he’s our dog, so… so do we!) Tucker was standing there smiling and wagging his tail but somehow, he looked different. Somebody in Tucker’s family must have gotten really bored and decided to paint white eyebrows onto his face. Poor dog aged 10 years overnight! I’ve never seen anything like that before but like I said in the beginning of this story, the world is a little crazy at the moment, so maybe “finding funny” things to do, isn’t such a bad idea.


One day this is going to be over – can you imagine that day? 
How we’ll come out into the sun and laugh and hug and sing and dance and hold hands! 
I am living for that day. It’ll be like nothing we’ve ever experienced before!
~ Glennon Doyle 

No comments:

Post a Comment