Social Icons

Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

Maturity



I don’t usually make New Year’s Resolutions, but there are some areas in my life that need improvement. So, this year I decided to create a personal challenge for myself during the month of January.

I call it the January Challenge of Three’s because it’s divided into three categories. Those three categories are Health, Work, and Love, and within each those three categories, there are three separate goals that I want to try to achieve. For example:

Health  - My goal is to work out three times a week, eat three healthy meals every day, and limit my alcohol
                 intake to no more than three drinks per week during January. (Those first two won’t be that hard,
                 but I have to admit that last one’s gonna be real tough!)

Work     - l have three pretty hard goals involving Sales, Marketing and new Customers, but I like to set the
                 bar high and push myself to see what I can accomplish.

Love      - This one is actually going to be the hardest, but it’s also going to be the most satisfying because it
                 involves connecting better with family and friends in the areas of Faith, Hope and Love.

As I was figuring out my January Challenge of Three’s, something interesting occurred to me that helped me put it into perspective. I think there might be three stages of life that we go through!
·         When we are children, we focus on what we have. You know, toys and things.
·         When we are young, we focus on what we do. You know, our jobs and our experiences.
·         When we are older, we focus on who we are. You know, our outlook and our character.

I’m not saying that there is anything wrong with loving toys as a child or seeking a better job as a young adult. But with age comes maturity and with maturity comes a better perspective on the true joys of life. And if life is to be meaningful, then shouldn’t our joys should be the highest possible? Therefore, I may not accomplish my goals in the category of Health, and I may not accomplish my goals in the category of Work, but no matter what… I totally resolve to accomplish my goals in the area of Love!
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. 
But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13


No comments:

Post a Comment