Social Icons

Pages

Monday, July 22, 2013

Beauty and The Beach

Yesterday morning my wife and I went for our usual jog down the beach. It was very early but already becoming a beautiful morning. The sky overhead was painted with soft clouds, the sand was sparkling white and the water was a beautiful deep blue color as Pelicans flew inches above the waves searching for their breakfast. We smiled at each other just taking in the beauty of it all.

The beach was deserted for the first mile but then we came upon a small group of people. They were all dressed in black matching wetsuits wearing colorful bathing caps and they looked like they were part of some kind of “Swim Club”. But as the group began walking down to the water’s edge, we noticed they were carrying one of their members. When we spotted the empty wheelchair up on shore, we realized what they were doing.

At that moment we both knew we were witnessing something even more beautiful than the beach.


 
I am only one, but I am one.  I cannot do everything,
but I can do something.  And I will not let what I
cannot do interfere with what I can do. 
                                              ~ Edward Everett Hale                                                             




No comments:

Post a Comment