Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Time For A Gift

One of the best things about the Christmas Holiday Season is that you get to be with your family and create everlasting memories. But one of the worst things about Christmas… for me anyway… is that I struggle with gift giving.

It’s not that I don’t care or that I don’t want to spend the money. It’s just that I’m not very creative when it comes to gift giving, so I really stress out about it. I always agonize over what is the really cool gift this season that everyone wants, or what cool new tech device is out there, or if I buy clothes I worry about what color or what size to get and then I end up asking the sales clerk, “Can they bring it back if they don’t like it?” I mean, I’m a mess… and I’m not even a hot mess!

I wish it was easy to get a great gift for the people that you love, something that would express the real meaning of Christmas. Shouldn’t there be one special gift, that everyone wants, that doesn’t cost much, and that makes everyone happy? Something fun, interesting, unique and loaded with love. And that’s when it hit me. I remembered how I recently read in the bible how God is always with us. That He will never leave us. Which then reminded me of a poem called, Footprints in the Sand, where Jesus reminds us, “My precious child, I love you and I will never leave you.”

And both of those memories got me thinking… There is a special gift that I can give my family. One that everyone wants, that doesn’t cost much, and yet makes them happy. My time!

"And there were shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flocks by night, and lo the angel of the lord came upon them and the glory of the lord shone round about them, and they were sore afraid, and the angel said unto them, fear not, for behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David, a savior who is Christ the Lord. And suddenly there was with the angels a multitude of the heavenly hosts, praising God and saying, Glory to God in the highest, and on earth - peace, good will toward men."


1 comment:

  1. Praise be to God! Merry Christmas to you and your family Joe!

    ReplyDelete