Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

This Smile's for You

This Week's Monday Message... is by Debby Thrailkill

It’s the simple things in life that truly make a difference….like a smile!

This morning when I went out jogging, I noticed that I received friendly smiles from just about everyone I passed and it really felt great. Several people went out of their way to nod and smile to greet me, and it really lifted my spirits. These days it seems so many people are hesitant to smile at other people as they go about their day. In fact, well known celebrities are purportedly not smiling for the cameras, so that later in life they won’t have as many frown lines. Can you believe that!

A smile can make a big difference in every situation. I’ve been conducting interviews this week for a few new positions at our company and I was surprised by the demeanor of one of the hopeful respondents. About 15 minutes into the interview, I was really put off by his negative attitude and asked him, “Tell me something positive, because if you were representing our company, I need to know that you would have a positive attitude and a friendly smile”. This stopped him and he immediately understood that the image he was presenting was negative and depressing. I could see in his eyes that the weight of the world was on him and I began to feel sorry for him. So I smiled at him and his demeanor immediately changed and we moved on with our meeting.

As you go about your day, pay special attention to those around you who take the time and make the effort to smile! I’ll bet there are a lot of world class smilers in your daily life that you might possibly take for granted. And pay attention to those who could use a little cheer by offering your smile as much as you can. A shout out to a few of my favorite world class smilers… Brenda Cunningham, John Woodman, and my Mom, Jan Micheil. My mom, our loving family matriarch, provides an excellent example of what a bright smile can mean to a family. Like everyone, Mom has experienced life’s ups and downs, but she has never once lost her smile.

A smile can do amazing things! A smile can heal a relationship, as well as help in healing an illness. A smile can lighten a load, encourage a young mind, make a new friend, pick up a neighbor, a colleague, or friend’s spirit. A smile is free, but worth a million bucks. You may never know the effect of your smile each day, but others will…and many times they won’t forget it. And smiling doesn’t just brighten up someone else’s day…it can brighten your day as well because you just can’t look bad when you smile. If you want proof, check out the photos below and decide for yourself.




  
Kim Kardashian Smiling.... And not Smiling

      
Ashley Olsen Smiling.... And Mary Kate not Smiling


Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine they see all day.
                                   ~ Anonymous                                       

  


1 comment:

  1. Nice job! Giving Joe a run for the money. Miss you guys. God bless, RB

    ReplyDelete