Social Icons

Pages

Monday, August 19, 2024

The Future Looks Bright

Not long ago I sat at my desk for a very long time and wrote a compelling Monday Message about the Millennial Generation. I wrote it because I wanted to make a point about work ethic and how important it is for the future of our society. Unfortunately, Millennials have been characterized as being entitled and wanting all the benefits without having to work hard. I don’t believe that’s necessarily a fair characterization because as the father of four Millennial children, all four have made their way in this world, faced a ton of trials, and ended up as extremely productive citizens that I am very proud of. 

Okay, so maybe some Millennials are hard workers, and some not so much. But I’ve also noticed some are very smart. In fact, if you look up the definition of Millennials you will find they are often characterized as being progressive, tech-savvy, and the most socially connected generation of all time. I think only time will tell if they are able to use their technology and social media connections to truly better the world. I, for one, am rooting for them.

But just in case they don’t, there is another generation, Gen Z, following close behind them that is already showing tremendous potential. How do I know that? Because I have several grandchildren that age who are kind and considerate. Okay, so you think I’m prejudiced, and maybe I am just a little. But yesterday there were two young Gen Z kids in my garage (not members of my family) dropping off big fat envelopes of cash to wife for her charity program that supports Foster Children. Apparently, they got together, along with another friend, and came up with the idea to set up a lemonade stand as a way to raise money. And I don’t know if it was the lemonade, or their cute faces, or the flyers explaining the reason behind their efforts that got them so much attention. But whatever it was, it worked!

It's impossible to predict what the future will look like. But from where I sit, it looks pretty bright to me!


“Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.”
                                                                                                                    ~ Dwayne Johnson



No comments:

Post a Comment